A surprisingly bad effort from Policar given their excellent F1 offerings. The body was fraught with mold lines, multiple straight edges where there were supposed to be smooth curves, and a few low spots that needed filler. Other than that it was fine (sarcasm). The wheels are too big a diameter but thats all I had in the parts bin at the time and they will be replaced at some point (and I need to source a wiper since the kit didn't come with one). Since these pictures were taken I've brought the rear wheels in a bit. So after a few hours of sanding with multiple grits of Tamiya sanding foam I had to rescribe some panel lines and as you can see, I don't have the steadiest of hands, I laid down some primer then after a day of drying I used some Tamiya Yellow - I think it should have been a brighter yellow but here we are. A bit of a wash then finally a few coats of semi-gloss clear (also Tamiya). Decals are by lemansdecals.com.
If you're talking about my car, the decals from LeMans were actually very disappointing. They were very far from opaque and as soon as I saw them I knew that there would be unacceptable bleed-through over the red paint. I decided to paint the stripes, roof, and engine cover. For the number roundels, I used opaque stickers onto which I applied the LeMans number decals. As for the sponsor and "Scuderia Filipinetti" logos, I had to go with what was given, and you will see that they are far from satisfactory. However, this is a racing car and not a shelf queen, so the result is acceptable for purpose. Cheers, Stewart