After fitting the chassis I've notice the body is a little warped, so I intend to soak it hot water to straighten it.
I've assembled and fitted a ppl front engine chassis. A first for me and a bit of a pain. Firstly finding a motor with extended axle of the correct length. I ordered a Scalextric Dodge Viper motor with said extension. However, it was too long and I wrecked the spring when I attempted to resolve this issue. I ended up fitting a brass tube sleeve and it does the job. Very awkward chassis this, well at least I found it awkward. I need to reattach the axle bearing bush bracket as it easily snapped off.
I need to get larger wheels or just tyres as they do not fill the wheel arches.
3 coats of paint and rubbed down until I can see my face. The Tamiya TS9 paint at first did not look so good, the nozzle appeared to be blocked. However, after a few hours and some very fine cutting paste she now shines like no other car I have built.
Started the detailing, but I have a small problem I will need to address. For some odd reason the wheels/chassis no longer line up correctly. Don't know what's caused this as I spent a considerable time sorting this. I guess it could be temperature changes, being a typically British summer (it's pouring with rain at present).
I have also painted the interior and the driver I'm attempting to add detail. Such small figures I struggle with.