After separating the various body panels from the sprues a dry fit was tried holding everything together with Tamiya masking tape. The dash panel is a separate part and this was fitted, the seat upper backs cut away with a razor saw and then a new cockpit tray made from plastic card to allow for fitting of a PCS chassis. I used liquid glue to secure the body components together and then left it to fully cure. Some filling with milliput was required in certain areas and then a coat of red oxide plastic primer was applied followed by a wet flat and top coat of Tamiya Italian red. The cockpit has been masked to avoid too much paint in that area. Next is a polish and then chassis fitting.
Post by Peter Seager-Thomas on Sept 25, 2018 7:35:03 GMT
I look forward to progress on this one. I did one many years back which I'm sure had a channel section aluminium chassis. I've had a second on the go for several years which I'm sure I'd find if I really looked hard.